Friday, July 2, 2010

Ronald's House

After Landon was released from the hospital, the doctor thought it would be a good idea to spend one more night on our own, to see how Landon transitioned. A nurse at the hospital arraigned for us to stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas.
The house is amazing! It reminds me of something you would see on Extreme Makeover.
There are 60 rooms for families with sick children receiving medical care at different hospitals in Dallas. There are several family rooms with TVs, wii's, board games, couches, computers, just like at home.
There are inspiration walls throughout the house to give hope to people who are going through tough times.
There are two amazing kitchens, and a huge dining room for the families to eat the three meals a deal that are provided by donations!
There are playrooms, game rooms, and teen rooms.
There is an Internet bar.
And a great out door courtyard.
We rocked our sweet babies on this porch and I counted my blessings when I thought about the other families staying at the house who were not on their way home. I know we are so lucky.
I can not tell you how amazing this place is. I will post more about the house later!

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Totally amazing and makes me want to always support it...

Ashley said...

Heather-- I volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House here in Atlanta, and it is truly an incredible experience. I am glad that the organization was able to benefit you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ashley