Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Duke Appointment Today

We are headed to Duke today at 12:30. I am trying to be open minded, and see what the doctor has to say. This is the same doctor we saw in December, who said that his skull was not fused (based on a physical exam). He sent us away. He told us that his head would correct itself. He said he did not need to schedule a follow up. He said that he was sure. He was wrong.

Dr Duke (as I will call him) was given a copy of the radiology report on March 10th, stating that Landon's lambdoid sutre was fused. We also overnight him a copy of the CT scan images and left several voicemails for him and his PA. I was finally able to get his assistant on the phone about a week later, and she said he still felt the suture was NOT fused and saw no reason to bring us in any sooner than our scheduled appointment on March 30.

So here we are....almost 3 weeks later. I just want an explanation. I understand human error, and I understand this is a rare condition. However, I DO NOT understand why we were treated the way we were. I am very anxious to find out what he has to say.

No comments: