Saturday, May 1, 2010

Denied....again

Our insurance has denied us again. I cannot put into words how frustrating that is!

First of all, if you work for an insurance company, I should apologize in advance.

I mean seriously people. What the hell!

Very long story short....

They have denied the Procrit shots, twice now. We are appealing again, and praying they cover some of them. Otherwise we are looking at $1,000 a pop. Landon needs three.

Next they have denied our initial appointment with two of the surgeons. Their reasoning is that we should be going to our in-network doctor who could perform the same surgery. Seriously!?!?!?!

They want us to go to Duke. To the doctor who missed it. The doctor who has done this surgery 3 times in the past 20 years. The doctor whose mistake could have caused my baby boy's brain to stop growing.

Dr Fearon's office is amazing, and are willing to help us fight our insurance. Landon's surgery will go on as scheduled, but we hope to have this resolved before June 29th. I have a list of things I have to gather, tons of research to do, and a very long and detailed appeal letter to type. I feel like I am in college all over again. (Most appeal letters they have sent on behalf of other patients were in the 30 page range!)

I have "met" some wonderful moms on Cranio Kids and one even sent her appeal letter. She fought her insurance and WON! She also went to Dr Fearon and spent every day for a whole year, fighting with her insurance after her son's surgery. Well this wonderful woman has sent me all of her information! I am so thankful as she has just saved me hours and hours of time!

We fly to Dallas on Thursday and meet with the doctors on Monday the 10th. I am very anxious to get there, and finally meet the people who will be fixing my baby's head. Please pray for them, the awful people at the insurance company who have denied us, for sweet Landon and his brothers, and for James and I as we get closer to surgery day. The countdown has begun....59 days.

No comments: