Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back in Mommy's Arms! (24 hours post surgery)

I was able to hold Landon for the first time today after he was moved to the pediatric floor.
He has been though so much, but has his way of telling me he is ok. Look at that little face smiling!
I was hesistant about posting pictures of him looking like Charlie Brown.
He does not look like Landon at all. It is sad to not recognize your own baby.
But he is doing great! It is amazing!!
But then he will do something that is unmistakenly Landon like gaze at us with those beautiful blue eyes, or babble some of his favorite sounds. My favortie is when he lifts a foot up in the air. This is our que to hold his foot, kiss his foot, or rub his foot. I think this is his was of telling us he is ok.
Holding him is similar to holding a new born baby. His head is very heavy and he needs a lot of support. His head is also very squishy from all the fluid around his skull.
I can not explain how great he is doing. He has not fussed much at all the past 48 hours. We are so poud of him and can't wait to take him home!

No comments: