Tuesday, June 29, 2010

PICU

I am sitting in Landon's PICU room right now. The little guy just had his first bottle and is doing great! His eyes are open and he is watching tv! He has not gotten sick and does not have a fever, both of which are pretty normal after surgery. So, I think he is doing awesome! Mom just took Grayson back to the Yates' and James is taking a break with them. I am finally sitting down for some quite time next to my sweet baby boy. I just took a few pictures and even even flashed me a little grin!

We are so relieved that the surgery is over. We know that the next 72 hours will be very tough on him, but we will get through it. He is starting to swell quite a bit, and soon his eyes will be swelled shut. I have several toys and blankets from home in the crib with him. We also got a precious stuffed animal and blanket made for Landon from hospital volunteers.

Grayson is doing great too. He hung out at the hospital all day waiting for his brother to get out of surgery! He was a great distraction and flirted with everyone he saw today. I am so glad he was here to keep us busy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather-

So glad Landon is doing so well. Welcome to the other side!! I let the gals on CK know Landon is doing well... speedy recover vibes coming your way!! One little tip for post op care- when Xander had his CVR only one eye swelled shut and that may have been prevented if we had known to keep him upright and off his face!! Take care and best wishes- Kristin